How to Get a Passport
The Monterey Park City Clerk's Office has been designated as a Passport Application Acceptance Agency by the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs. We will gladly accept your completed passport application and forward it to Passport Services for an issuance determination. If you need assistance communicating in English, please bring someone with you who can translate for you.
Submit form DS-11 (new applicant) if any of the following are true:
- You have never been issued a U.S. passport
- You are under age 16
- You were under age 16 when your previous passport was issued
- Your most recent U.S. passport was issued more than 15 years ago
- Your most recent U.S. passport was lost or stolen
- Your name has changed since your previous U.S. passport was issued and you are unable to legally document your name change
Submit for DS-82 (renewal) if any of the following are true:
- Your most recent passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- Your most recent passport was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Your most recent passport was issued within the last 15 years
- Your most recent passport was issued in the exact same name as your previous passport or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change under federal or state law
You will need the following basic documents to process your passport application:
- Proof of citizenship (original certified copy)
- Check or money order payable to the U.S. Department of State
- Government issued photo identification card
- A recent photo (taken within the last 6 months)
Monday - Thursday
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Monterey Park City Hall
City Clerk's Office
320 W. Newmark Ave., Monterey Park, CA 91754
The City Clerks' office no longer offer on-site photos services. Contact the Monterey Park Bruggemeyer Library for photo services.
The passport can be viewed online.
National Passport Information Center
Customer Service Office
11000 Wilshire Blvd., First Floor, West Los Angeles, CA 90024